Time flies when you are in love. Valentine’s Day is just around the corner but don’t worry — fashion spotlight has some great gift ideas that’ll make your loved ones warm and fuzzy all over.
- The Cover Girl Clean Makeup Line is a great way to please all the ladies in your life while contributing to the Children’s Safe Drinking Water program. This line includes Liquid Makeup and Pressed Power for all skin types and when you enter to win a humanitarian trip to Africa at www.covergirl.com/cleanforclean you will supply a child with one week’s worth of water — all of this for under $10? It’s a tough choice to beat.
- Michelle Trachtenberg for Poppy Stone Heart Ring at $128 for her and the Op Art Leather Flat Crossbody Satchel at $348 for him from Coach make chic wardrobe essentials that have a modern-day appeal.
- Yedi Houseware’s adorable InsideOut Hearts cups and saucers in assorted colors (bubblegum pink, banana yellow, lime green, pumpkin orange, turquoise blue and cranberry red) will brighten up any home and make entertaining all that more fun. Cup set of 6 (3.5 oz. Espresso Cups, $40 and 5 oz. Tea Cups, $50) available at www.culvercoffeecompany.com
- For those with an affinity for slightly less traditional jewelry Anna Sheffield’s Heart and Key Earring Set from her affordable line at target is too good to ignore. These earrings are a bargain at $24.99.
- JimmyJane’s Spin Me takes you right back to 7th grade…well almost. This G-rated version of Spin the Bottle makes our awkward adolescence a distant memory. This is not for the faint at heart. Spin, Read, Obey and Repeat. These are the only rules that apply.
- Ralph Lauren Romance Always Yours rollerball is the perfect gift for the girl on the go. Love will be in the air in no time. Get it now for $20 at Macys.
- Layer Cake Shop’s Baked with Love Cupcake Kit is filled with appropriately themed baking goodies for the Martha Stewart in training with a sweet tooth. Assorted red and pink cupcake toppers, baking cups, mini heart sprinkles, royal icing twist flowers and a party game spinner can all be yours for a sweet $12.
- Red Envelope is always a great resource for sophisticated yet affordable gifts for any occasion. They have something for everyone and this Valentine’s Day is no different. Among their wide variety of choices The Love Heart Bamboo plant really caught my eye. It’s so cute and unexpected and makes a great gift for anyone. And you can use it to decorate your home or your space at the office and it’ll certainly last longer than a bouquet of flowers. Available at redenvelope.com for $29.99.
- Say it all with this dainty Charm Necklace with Gift Envelope available at Urban outfitters for only $16.
- If you are looking to make that special lady in your life extra special get her the Cosabella Amore Mio bra and thong set in leopard print from this exquisite line of Italian lingerie by Ugo and Valeria Campello. Each sold separately — Amore Mio bra in print, $56. 25 and Lowrider thong in print, $20.
- No Valentine’s Day is ever perfect without chocolate. Try the amazing salty-sweet Bapchi’s Caramel Toffee Hearts with pecans and walnuts from Vosges. It’s so good it’ll be too hard not to keep it all to yourself. Available at http://www.vosgeschoclates.com, $15.
- The Silver Valentine’s Heart Cufflinks available at Thomas Pink are so cute and will make a great gift for that special man in your life, whoever that may be. It’ll be the perfect accessory for a special occasion or even to dress up a shirt for a regular day at work. Available at http://www.thomaspink.com, $150.
- Candy hearts have been a Valentine’s Day staple for years. This year try the amazing soap version from So Stinking Sweet, a plush new soap line currently available on Etsy. This handmade vegan friendly Valentine Heart variety pack comes in 5 different fragrances — sparkling mandarin tangerine, sun kissed raspberry, cucumber melon, pink grapefruit and berry bramble and it’s made with Shea butter for only $13.
- The incredibly stylish Pentagon and Hexagon Watches at the MoMA Store will not only make a great gift for your significant other but for you as well. Inspired by the design of a soccer ball, these watches are available in black and white at www.momastore.org for $75 each. Now you and your significant other can be matchy-matchy without being tacky.
- Designer Amy Bahrt’s whimsical wool animal scarves are perfect for those little valentine’s in your life. Available in-store at Takashimaya for $75 each.